George Bosak, a Philadelphia native, played his junior hockey for the Philadelphia Little Flyers and Springfield Olympics. He played NCAA Division III for the University of Scranton. He was a 3 year professional goaltender in the Southern (SPHL), Western Professional (WPHL), and ECHL.
Coach Bosak started his goaltender coaching career in the ’96-’97 season with the New Jersey Rockets Tier I organization. Over his 25 years, he has coached at the NCAA Div I and III levels at Princeton University (’05 – ’06 and ’14 – ’16), Arizona State University (’16 -’17) and Arcadia University (Current). He also coaches goaltenders in the NAHL (NJ Titans – current) , the NCDC and USPHL Premier (Philadelphia Hockey Club), EHL (NJ 87’s) and works with several youth AAA squads (Rockets Hockey Club, Philadelphia Hockey Club, NJ 87’s and NJ Titans) and Tier II organizations (Jersey Wildcats, Brick, and Hollydell Hurricanes. He is based out of Howell Ice Arena (Howell, NJ) and Hollydell Ice Arena (Sewell, NJ).
Coach Bosak has some noteworthy goaltenders place their faith in him for their development/continued training and has helped in placement of his clients . Some of the professional and NCAA Division I goaltenders include:
- Kevin Boyle: 2016 Hockey East Co-Player of the Year and Goalie of The Year, Anaheim Ducks (NHL)/San Diego Gulls (AHL)/Hockey Club Bolzano (ICEHL – Austria)
- Peyton Jones: Lincoln (USHL)/ 4 year starter, Penn State University (Big 10, NCAA)/Colorado Eagles (AHL)
- Ben Kraws: US-18 Hlinka Team, Sioux City (USHL)/Arizona State (NCHC, NCAA)
- Troy Kobryn: Merrimack College, Hockey East
- Gavin Abric: West Point Military Academy, 2021-2022 Mike Richter Watchlist
- Evan Szary: West Point (NCAA Div I)
- Jennifer Olnowich: Princeton University, ECAC
- Alex Houston: Canisius College, Atlantic Hockey
Coach Bosak’s philosophy is to give the goaltender confidence to play the game to their own unique strengths, with the expectation that they use those individual strengths to manage and control the game. Having coached at the NCAA and NAHL level with some measured success, he is acutely aware of what coaches are seeking when looking for a goaltender.